Search This Blog

Saturday, 12 September 2026

Scripture and Prayer Focus for September 12, 2026

 September 12 -- John 7: 28-34 "So Jesus proclaimed, as he taught in the temple, 'You know me, and you know where I come from. But I have not come of my own accord. He who sent me is true, and him you do not know. I know him, for I come from him, and he sent me.' So they were seeking to arrest him, but no one laid a hand on him, because his hour had not yet come. Yet many of the people believed in him. They said, 'When the Christ appears, will he do more signs than this man has done?' The Pharisees heard the crowd muttering these things about him, and the chief priests and pharisees sent officers to arrest him. Jesus then said, 'I will be with you a little longer, and then I am going to him who sent me. You will seek me and you will not find me. Where I am you cannot come.' "


Prayer focus for today: The people Jesus interacted with THOUGHT they knew what they were looking for when the Messiah came. They THOUGHT they understood the scriptures, but they were simply interpretting what they had been taught through the lens of what they had previously experienced - what they knew. We do the same thing today. No matter which continent you live on, you interpret God's word through the lens of what you know; what you have experienced. 


Pray today for God to help you more clearly understand the truth of His Word. Pray for understanding outside of yourself and what you know, to put on the new lens of clearer understanding into how to live for Jesus. Pray that you will no longer limit yourself by thinking you know and understand it all just because you can read the Bible -- if you really dive into the original culture and languages of the Bible, you'll see there is so much more to learn than just what we read on the surface. Pray for all of our Family Legacy staff to teach the truth with clear understanding to each child placed in our care - that each one would choose to believe and follow Jesus. 


No comments:

Post a Comment