September 30 -- John 10: 7-15 "So Jesus again said to them, 'Truly, truly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep. All who came before me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not listen to them. I am the door. If anyone enters by me, he will be saved and will go in and out and find pasture. The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly. I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep. He who is a hired hand and not a shepherd, who does not own the sheep, sees the wolf coming and leaves the sheep and flees, and the wolf snatches them and scatters them. He flees because he is a hired hand and cares nothing for the sheep. I am the good shepherd. I know my own and my own know me, just as the Father knows me and I know the Father; and I lay down my life for the sheep."
Prayer focus for today: Today, we're going a bit personal on the prayer focus. Jesus ends today's Scripture passage with some of the most beautiful words in the entire Bible - "I lay down my life for the sheep." While most of us like to think of ourselves more highly than sheep, that's exactly what we are in light of Christ's words. He is the one who guides, protects, and provides for each of us who can truly do nothing on our own. He is the one who does everything just so we can become all we were created to be.
Today, let's pray that each of us would be the humble, obedient sheep that we were created to be. Pray that you and those you know would faithfully follow Jesus, that each of us would be all we were created to be. Pray for humble hearts to lay down all you THINK you are and all you THINK you know, and just humbly follow Jesus. And on a personal note, please pray for our family, as we once again return to our calling in Zambia where Christ has gone before us and prepared the field. Pray for strength and wisdom in the days and months ahead, that we would continue being obedient sheep in his pasture, following His perfect will and leading others to Him.

No comments:
Post a Comment