Search This Blog

Wednesday, 23 September 2026

Scripture and Prayer Focus for September 23, 2026

 September 23 -- John 8: 55-59 "But you have not known him. I know him. If I were to say that I do not know him, I would be a liar like you, but I do know him and I keep his word. Your father Abraham rejoiced that he would see my day. He saw it and was glad.' So the Jews said to him, 'You are not yet fifty years old, and have you seen Abraham?' Jesus said to them, 'Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am.' So they picked up stones to throw at him, but Jesus hid himself and went out of the temple."


Prayer focus for today: We probably all grew up being taught to tell the truth. We've addressed truth many times since beginning this daily prayer walk through God's Word. Often, the truth is comfortable to us. We don't get upset when we hear the truth, because it aligns with what we know. But what happens when someone confronts another with the truth ... and it hurts?  Jesus was confronting the Jews in today's Scripture reading with the truth, but they didn't like it one bit. They were ready to stone him for telling the truth. Why?  Because it cut to the heart of sin in their lives. Pray today for courage to confront lies with truth where needed in your life -- to yourself or to others. Pray for discernment to let God lead with words of wisdom - speaking the truth in love. Pray for Christ to reign in your life so you no longer have any reason to live behind the lies. Jesus loves YOU and created you for a life to truth!  


No comments:

Post a Comment