September 18 -- John 8: 20-26 "These words he spoke in the treasury, as he taught in the temple; but no one arrested him, because his hour had not yet come. So he said to them again, 'I am going away, and you will seek me, and you will die in your sin. Where I am going, you cannot come.' So the Jews said, 'Will he kill himself, since he says, 'Where I am going, you cannot come'?' He said to them, 'You are from below; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world. I told you that you would die in your sins, for unless you believe that I am he you will die in your sins.' So they said to him, 'Who are you?' Jesus said to them, 'Just what I have been telling you from the beginning. I have much to say about you and much to judge, but he who sent me is true, and I declare to the world that I have heard from him.'"
Prayer focus for today: Just as Jesus never changed his story, pray today that each of us would be faithful to speak only God's truth. Pray for strength to NOT be swayed by the world. Sure, the conversation topics may change, and the people you talk with will change, but pray for wisdom and courage to always speak the truth. This is so lacking in our world today. Work to be IN the world, but not OF the world. Pray for true wisdom to understand what this means. So many of us are forwarding social media posts that look "good", but are lacking or twisting Scriptural truth. Pray today that each of us would bear Christ in every choice we make today.

No comments:
Post a Comment