September 17 -- John 8: 12-19 "Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, 'I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.' So the Pharisees said to him, 'You are bearing witness about yourself; your testimony is not true.' Jesus answered, 'Even if I do bear witness about myself, my testimony is true, for I know where I came from and where I am going, but you do not know where I come from or where I am going. You judge according to the flesh; I judge no one. Yet even if I do judge, my judgment is true, for it is not I alone who judge, but I and the Father who sent me. In your Law it is written that the testimony of two people is true. I am the one who bears witness about myself, and the Father who sent me bears witness about me.' They said to him therefore, 'Where is your Father?' Jesus answered, 'You know neither me nor my Father. If you knew me, you would know my Father also.'"
Prayer focus for today: How many people would you say you really know? I mean, REALLY know? Often we call someone a friend or say "someone I know" when we really just know them in passing or from what they choose to reveal on social media. Often, there is the presented "truth" that we see and then there is the truth. It's one thing to know about Jesus, but it's a totally different thing to truly KNOW Jesus. Today, join us in truly praying that each of us would KNOW Jesus. Ask Him to reveal to you the areas where you are just following what you've heard or seen on social media, so that you may truly know where to dig in to the Scriptures for the true truth. Pray for the truth to penetrate years of 'surface religion' in you and those you love that we may all be free in Christ to know, follow, believe, and share.

No comments:
Post a Comment