October 1 -- John 10: 16-21 "And I have other sheep that are not of this fold. I must bring them also, and they will listen to my voice. So there will be one flock, one shepherd. For this reason the Father loves me, because I lay down my life that I may take it up again. No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down, and I have authority to take it up again. This charge I have received from my Father.' There was again a division among the Jews because of these words. Many of them said, 'He has a demon, and is insane; why listen to him?' Others said, 'These are not the words of one who is oppressed by a demon. Can a demon open the eyes of the blind?'"
Prayer focus for today: There is so much division in the Church today -- pastors involved in great moral failures from adultery to embezzlement to murder, certainly don't help draw people to Christ. Pray today that you would be bold in your faith and lay down your apprehensions to KNOW what you believe and WHY. Pray for courage to discuss with Christian critics the Jesus is the only way. What have you got to lose?

No comments:
Post a Comment